Technical Project Manager
Ionomr Innovations Inc., is an award-winning start-up company head-quartered in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing and producing a revolutionary Hydrocarbon Ion Exchange material needed to enable an energy future based upon Hydrogen. Our advanced material solutions unlock the future of the Hydrogen economy by providing the underlying technology necessary to drive cost effective Electrochemical systems that ensure a plentiful, sustainable, renewable, and Carbon Free source of energy. Our company has received a variety of industry acknowledgements to date including being recently selected by the World Economic Forum to it’s 100 most promising global “Technology Pioneers” list for 2021. Selected by Royal Dutch Shell and NREL for inclusion in their 2021 GCxN program which is focused on supporting companies that are developing tech solutions to enable the transition away from fossil fuels. Other recognitions, include being awarded the 2020 F-Cell “Top Products and Markets Award”, the 2020 Energy Tech Summit New Energy Challengers “Top Hydrogen Start-Up” Award and the 2020 Chinese Society of Automotive Engineers “Global Cutting Edge & Innovation” Award. To support our growth, we are currently seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as a Technical Project Manager. The position will be based at our facility located on the campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will coordinate R&D projects for a diverse team of technologists developing advanced Ion Exchange solutions to decarbonize the planet.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
- Provide project management support for a portfolio including several large programs in cooperation with external partners
- Build and manage R&D schedules, deadlines and templates
- Build and manage project budgets
- Provide decision making insights to help management meet project goals
- Coordinate and assist with running project meetings
- Ensure tracking of team goals and deliverables with clear communications and dashboards
- Technical Report writing
Required Qualifications for the position are:
- BS/MSc degree in an engineering discipline, chemistry, or materials sciences
- 5-7 years as a project manager in a technology company
- Outstanding organizational, time-management and interpersonal skills
- Background in writing technical documents
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project & Adobe
- Highly motivated, with interest and ability to thrive in a technology start-up environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaboration skills, comfortable and confident working with all levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to deliver projects on schedule, i.e. Self-Motivated individual
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills displaying excellent communication skills both verbal & written
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.