Sr. Electrolyzer Characterization Scientist
Ionomr Innovations Inc., is an award-winning start-up company head-quartered in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing and producing a revolutionary Hydrocarbon Ion Exchange material needed to enable an energy future based upon Hydrogen. Our advanced material solutions unlock the future of the Hydrogen economy by providing the underlying technology necessary to drive cost effective Electrochemical systems that ensure a plentiful, sustainable, renewable, and Carbon Free source of energy. Our company has received a variety of industry acknowledgements to date including being recently selected by the World Economic Forum to it’s 100 most promising global “Technology Pioneers” list for 2021. Selected by Royal Dutch Shell and NREL for inclusion in their 2021 GCxN program which is focused on supporting companies that are developing tech solutions to enable the transition away from fossil fuels. Other recognitions, include being awarded the 2020 F-Cell “Top Products and Markets Award”, the 2020 Energy Tech Summit New Energy Challengers “Top Hydrogen Start-Up” Award and the 2020 Chinese Society of Automotive Engineers “Global Cutting Edge & Innovation” Award. To support our growth, we are currently seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as a Technical Project Manager. The position will be based at our facility located on the campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
As a Sr. Electrolyzer Characterization Scientist in the NPI Characterization team you will carry out electrochemical testing, characterization and qualifications of our breakthrough Ion Exchange that enable the production of the lowest cost “Green” hydrogen and CCUS to lead to a decarbonized energy future for the planet. Together with the Ionomr team, you will enable the global renewable transition and make the earther cleaner.
· Performing testing on our revolutionary Ion Exchange Membranes and polymers for use in water and CO2 electrolyzer systems
· Develop verify and test concepts for the more effective implementation Ion Exchange membrane and polymers into water and CO2 electrolyzers
· Following written procedures for conducting laboratory testing and assisting in revising and maintaining of standard operating procedures
· Operating, calibrating, maintaining and troubling shooting a range of chemical instruments, tools, and test stations
· Meeting laboratory safety, labeling, laboratory hygiene and housekeeping requirements
· Assisting in the development of new tests, test methods, and test stations to allow AEM Electrolyzers to be deployed at scale
· Strictly adhering to standard best practices related to quality control
· Technical Report writing
Required Qualifications for the position are:
· MSc in Electrochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Material Science in an area of electrochemistry
· 5 to 7 years of experience working with Electro-Chemical systems and Ion Exchange materials in either Fuel Cells or Electrolyzers
· Experience working with electrochemical process and/or electrochemical system characterization
· Prior experience working in a laboratory environment
· Proven ability to plan and manage own activities to.
· Interpersonal skills and able to communicate complex technology issues in a clear, concise manner in a Team environment. Written and oral communication skills are critical.
· Highly motivated, with interest and ability to thrive in a technology start-up environment
· Working experience in industry is preferred
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaboration skills
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and ability to deliver projects on schedule, i.e Self-Motivated individual
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills displaying excellent communication skills both verbal & written
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.