Senior Membrane Process Development Chemist
Ionomr Innovations, Inc., is an award-winning start-up company located in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing a broad range of advanced ion-exchange materials to support our customers in chemical and water remediation, energy storage and hydrogen applications with the vision of enabling the world of clean technology with advanced membranes and polymers. Our company has received a variety of industry accolades to date including recently being named the winner of the prestigious Start Up Energy Transition Award by the German Energy Agency (dena) in cooperation with the World Energy Council (WEC) for Low-Carbon Energy Production as well as recently receiving a coveted grant from SDTC (Sustainable Development Technology Canada) for the development of cost-effective solutions for clean energy systems. We are currently seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as a Senior Membrane Process Development Chemist. The successful candidate will conduct and be responsible for the characterization of ion-exchange membranes for electrochemical applications. The positions will be based at our facility that is located on the Vancouver campus of the University of British Columbia.
- Lead and execute the technical deliverables and technologies necessary in the design and commercialization of new membrane products, as well as the optimization of existing membrane products
- Where appropriate, use statistical design of experiments to deliver, as well as inventing, developing and implementing new technologies into our membrane products portfolio
- Following your ideas from the lab to the market – use your creativity, commitment, drive and the rigor required to transform new products from laboratory-scale to commercial volume reality
- Explain the behaviour of membrane materials using a balanced approach of empirical, computational and theoretical tools
- Work collaboratively with other project team members (e.g. membrane scientists, application engineers, manufacturing engineers, assembly/automation engineers, and QA) to ensure the products meet the user needs and designs specifications
- Create strategies for verifications and validation, perform verification tests and conduct analysis of the test results to ensure complete verification of the requirements and validation of system performance
- Characterize all aspects of process variables (inputs/outputs) of membrane manufacturing processes
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications for the position are:
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in Chemical Engineering and a minimum of five to seven years of work experience
- Mechanical aptitude and history of hands-on ability
- Knowledgeable of polymer and solvent processing and material compatibility
- Competency with working effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Advanced knowledge in electrochemistry fundamentals, analytical testing methods and hands-on experimental development
- Proven ability to plan and manage own activities to deliver on budget and schedule
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate complex technology issues in a clear, concise manner
- High interest and ability to thrive in a technology start-up environment
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.