Membrane Operations Manager
Ionomr Innovations Inc., is an award-winning start-up company head-quartered in Vancouver, Canada. Ionomr is developing and producing revolutionary Hydrocarbon Ion Exchange materials needed to enable an energy future based upon Hydrogen. Our advanced material solutions unlock the future of the Hydrogen economy by providing the underlying technology necessary to drive cost effective Electrochemical systems that ensure a plentiful, sustainable, renewable, and Carbon Free source of energy. Our company has received a variety of industry acknowledgements to date including being recently selected by the World Economic Forum to its 100 most promising global “Technology Pioneers” list for 2021. Selected by Royal Dutch Shell and NREL for inclusion in their 2021 GCxN program, which is focused on supporting companies that are developing tech solutions to enable the transition away from fossil fuels. Other recognitions include being awarded the 2020 F-Cell “Top Products and Markets Award”, the 2020 Energy Tech Summit New Energy Challengers “Top Hydrogen Start-Up” Award and the 2020 Chinese Society of Automotive Engineers “Global Cutting Edge & Innovation” Award.
To support our continued growth, we are currently seeking a Membrane Operations Manager. The is a permanent full-time position based at our facility located on the campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
The Membrane Operations Manager reports to the VP of Operations and is responsible for the high volume manufacturing and quality of Ionomr ion-exchange membranes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Together with Operations team members, manage the membrane manufacturing supply chain, the handling of the membrane rolls upon arrival at Ionomr, the inspection and testing of these to ensure quality, and the process to pack and ship to customers or putting into inventory.
- Working closely with the Ionomr coating team to influence them to ensure membrane products developed are manufacturable in high volumes.
- Define and document the manufacturing process of record in detail for each membrane product to ensure these processes can be repeated and scaled into high volumes.
- Define and document the membrane defect catalogue by product, with the aim of collecting data, quantifying these by area, putting together pareto charts, and working to eliminate defects.
- Working closely with the coating manufacturer, develop KPI’s and monitor these to push for continuous improvement of yield and quality. Together with the VP of Operations, Conduct quarterly business reviews with coating manufacturer to review performance.
- Help in the fulfillment of membrane sales orders. Forecast and obtain the capacity needed to ensure Ionomr has the manufacturing capability to meet all current and future orders.
- Other tasks as assigned by the VP of Operations.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 5+ years of membrane coating or testing experience.
- Experienced in problem solving and failure analysis of membrane defects. Knows the membrane coating process well and able to correlate defects back to root cause in the coating process.
- Able to work with suppliers around the globe and build relationships.
- Familiar working in a start-up environment and have led teams to success before.
- Experience in the electrochemical or alternative energy industry an advantage.
- Background in R&D, New Product Introduction to Production Launch.
- Self-starter with the ability to use initiative to solve problems and issues.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and stay focused in a fast-paced work environment.
- Great attitude, personable, courteous and a great team player.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.