Ionomr Innovations Inc., is an award-winning start-up company head-quartered in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing and producing a revolutionary Hydrocarbon Ion Exchange material needed to enable an energy future based upon Hydrogen. Our advanced material solutions unlock the future of the Hydrogen economy by providing the underlying technology necessary to drive cost effective Electrochemical systems that ensure a plentiful, sustainable, renewable, and Carbon Free source of energy. Our company has received a variety of industry acknowledgements to date including being recently selected by the World Economic Forum to it’s 100 most promising global “Technology Pioneers” list for 2021. Selected by Royal Dutch Shell and NREL for inclusion in their 2021 GCxN program which is focused on supporting companies that are developing tech solutions to enable the transition away from fossil fuels. Other recognitions, include being awarded the 2020 F-Cell “Top Products and Markets Award”, the 2020 Energy Tech Summit New Energy Challengers “Top Hydrogen Start-Up” Award and the 2020 Chinese Society of Automotive Engineers “Global Cutting Edge & Innovation” Award.
To support our growth, we are seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as Logistics Technician. The position will be based at our facility located in the Vancouver campus at the University of British Columbia. The Logistics Technician is responsible for the processing of inbound and outbound shipments. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional customer service skills and will have the ability to coordinate multiple shipments simultaneously to achieve success. This role requires the aptitude to address a multitude of logistical and administrative support needs promptly and professionally. Critical thinking, strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills are essential to success in this role. The ideal candidate would possess experience with logistics software and MS Excel. The preferred candidate would exhibit a proven track record of thriving in fast-paced environments, while delivering quality work on tight deadlines.
Duties include, but not limited, to the following:
· Prepare and pack products professionally for shipment to customers
· Prepare shipping documents and execute shipping logistics to customers – resolve any logistics issues if they occur.
· Process incoming products, materials, chemicals and store in inventory
· Monitor & organize the inventory of polymers, membranes, consumables, and chemicals to ensure adequate levels
· Purchasing of materials and issuing of purchase orders
· Support cost savings activities and projects to reduce costs for the company
· Work cross-functionally to ensure that we meet delivery commitment dates
· Support process improvement efforts involving material delivery inbound and outbound
· Respond to internal customers in a timely and professional manner
· Other duties as specified by management.
Required Qualifications for the position are:
· Associate degree with minimum of one year experience in logistics, receiving and shipments, ideally with some Chemistry courses
· Experience with Inventory management and barcode software
· Strong communications skills, both verbal & written
· Detail oriented, organized, enthusiastic, willing to learn and good problem-solving skills
· Data entry, computer skills, ability to use Microsoft office applications, especially Excel
· Understanding of safety protocols and requirements
· Ability to perform multiple tasks and work independently
· Ability to bend and lift 50 pounds or more
· Team player, able to seamlessly work with other Ionomr team members
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are only able to consider applicants who are Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents or Canadian government-designated refugees.