Ionomr Innovations, Inc., is an award-winning start-up company head-quartered in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing and producing a revolutionary Hydrocarbon Ion Exchange material needed to enable an energy future based upon Hydrogen. Our advanced material solutions unlock the future of the Hydrogen economy by providing the underlying technology necessary to drive cost effective Electrochemical systems that ensure a plentiful, sustainable, renewable, and Carbon Free source of energy. Our company has received a variety of industry acknowledgements to date including being recently selected Royal Dutch Shell and NREL for inclusion in their GCxN program which is focused on supporting companies developing tech to enable the transition away from fossil fuels. Other recent honors, include being acknowledged by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer, awarded the 2020 F-Cell “Top Products and Markets Award”, the 2020 Energy Tech Summit New Energy Challengers “Top Hydrogen Start-Up” Award and the 2020 Chinese Society of Automotive Engineers “Global Cutting Edge & Innovation” Award. To support our growth, we are currently seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as a Engineering Intern. The position will be based at our facility located on the campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following:
As an Engineering Intern in Ionomr Innovations you will carry out design, development, integration and testing the experimental rigs for characterization and qualifications of our breakthrough ion-exchange materials that enable the production of the lowest cost “green” hydrogen and CCUS to lead to a decarbonized energy future for the planet. Together with the Ionomr team, you will enable the global renewable transition and decarbonization of industry.
- Design scalable mechatronics systems to support verification of new test stations
- Participate in integration of the electrochemical systems
- Participate in test and commissioning the above systems
- Participate in brainstorming and design review projects
- 3D design the required precision fixtures for NPI projects
- Prepare drafts and fabrication
- Identify and source in the required material and components for the project
- Prepare BoM of the under-development systems
- Meet laboratory safety, laboratory hygiene, and housekeeping requirements
- Support the implementation of ISO/ASTM standards in NPI
- Strictly adhere to standard best practices related to quality control
- Ability to meet strict requirements to tight schedule
- Work professionally and cooperatively in a cross functional team environment with a focus upon maximizing system performance
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications for the position are:
- Completed second year engineering program
- GPA 75% and higher
- Experience in programming
- Experience with a 3D design software such as SolidWorks, Onshape, etc.
- Hands on experience with machine shop equipment
- self-direction with a proven ability to plan and manage own activities, with project management skills an additional benefit
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate complex technological issues in a clear, concise manner in a team environment. Written and oral communication skills are critical
- Highly motivated, with interest and ability to thrive in a technology start-up environment
- Previous internship experience is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills displaying excellent communication skills both verbal & written
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.