Customer Service Representative
Ionomr Innovations Inc., is an award-winning start-up company head-quartered in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing and producing a revolutionary Hydrocarbon Ion Exchange material needed to enable an energy future based upon Hydrogen. Our advanced material solutions unlock the future of the Hydrogen economy by providing the underlying technology necessary to drive cost effective Electrochemical systems that ensure a plentiful, sustainable, renewable, and Carbon Free source of energy. Our company has received a variety of industry acknowledgements to date including being recently selected by the World Economic Forum to it’s 100 most promising global “Technology Pioneers” list for 2021. Selected by Royal Dutch Shell and NREL for inclusion in their 2021 GCxN program which is focused on supporting companies that are developing tech solutions to enable the transition away from fossil fuels. Other recognitions, include being awarded the 2020 F-Cell “Top Products and Markets Award”, the 2020 Energy Tech Summit New Energy Challengers “Top Hydrogen Start-Up” Award and the 2020 Chinese Society of Automotive Engineers “Global Cutting Edge & Innovation” Award. To support our growth, we are currently seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as a Customer Service Representative. The position will be based at our facility located on the campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to the following
- Processing incoming production & sample orders using standard operational procedures
- Acting as a liaison with Ionomr’s Customers and Sales personnel
- Handle internal and external customer inquiries, claims, complaints; interpreting policies, investigating problems; and communicating with other departments and providers to research and resolve issues, identifying and implementing service solutions
- Managing and maintaining customer legal documentation in good standing, including non-disclosure agreements, joint development agreements, MOUs, etc.
- Complying with corporate policies and procedures while acting in a manner consistent with Ionomr’s values and ethical standards
- Liaison between customers and the production/inventory/shipping departments at Ionomr – including coordination with QA, traffic & the relevant account manager to ensure that customer requirements are met in a timely manner
- Adjust quantities/dates according to customer requirements and production/shipping availability
- Coordinate shipping requirements and issue daily ship list.
- Send Advance Shipping Notices
- Issue invoices, billing adjustments, debit & credit memos
- Troubleshoot whenever problems arise that may delay a shipment
- Ensuring professional, quality and security standards are complied with while performing assigned duties
Required Qualifications for the position are:
- BS/BA preferably in Science or Business or appropriate customer service experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a customer service role – in technology
- Strong computer skills – Excel & Word experience working with an ERP system
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to stay focused on tasks, handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate to resolve issues and identify process improvements
- Ability to work in a high volume, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively and take the initiative to resolve issues before they become problems
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.