Ionomr Innovations Inc., is an award-winning start-up company head-quartered in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing and producing a revolutionary Hydrocarbon Ion Exchange material needed to enable an energy future based upon Hydrogen. Our advanced material solutions unlock the future of the Hydrogen economy by providing the underlying technology necessary to drive cost effective Electrochemical systems that ensure a plentiful, sustainable, renewable, and Carbon Free source of energy. Our company has received a variety of industry acknowledgements to date including being recently selected by the World Economic Forum to it’s 100 most promising global “Technology Pioneers” list for 2021. Selected by Royal Dutch Shell and NREL for inclusion in their 2021 GCxN program which is focused on supporting companies that are developing tech solutions to enable the transition away from fossil fuels. Other recognitions, include being awarded the 2020 F-Cell “Top Products and Markets Award”, the 2020 Energy Tech Summit New Energy Challengers “Top Hydrogen Start-Up” Award and the 2020 Chinese Society of Automotive Engineers “Global Cutting Edge & Innovation” Award.
To support our growth, we are currently seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as a Chemical Technologist. The position will be based at our facility located on the campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
Responsibilities may include and are not limited to the following:
- Perform laboratory chemical processes to produce Aemion® and Pemion® polymers, including synthesis from starting/raw materials to the final product, as well as isolation & purification
- Follow written procedures for conducting laboratory processes and assist in creating & maintaining standard operating procedures
- Operate requisite laboratory & production equipment and instruments
- Maintain production equipment in working order
- Meet laboratory safety, sample labelling and housekeeping requirements
- Assist R&D staff with scale-up experiments as required
- Incoming and outbound quality assurance
- Contribute to product platform development through the application of statistical experimental design, product testing and data analysis
- Summarize data analysis in written reports and presentations for communication with peers, customers, and various levels of management
- Other duties as required to ensure the growth of the business
Required Qualifications for the position are:
- Diploma or BSc in chemical-related field
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, i.e. self motivated
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills displaying excellent communication skills
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.