Chemical Engineering Technologist
Ionomr Innovations, Inc., is an award-winning start-up company head-quartered in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing and producing a revolutionary Hydrocarbon Ion Exchange material needed to enable an energy future based upon Hydrogen. Our advanced material solutions unlock the future of the Hydrogen economy by providing the underlying technology necessary to drive cost effective Electrochemical systems that ensure a plentiful, sustainable, renewable, and Carbon Free source of energy. Our company has received a variety of industry acknowledgements to date including being recently selected Royal Dutch Shell and NREL for inclusion in their GCxN program which is focused on supporting companies developing tech to enable the transition away from fossil fuels. Other recent honors, include being awarded the 2020 F-Cell “Top Products and Markets Award”, the 2020 Energy Tech Summit New Energy Challengers “Top Hydrogen Start-Up” Award and the 2020 Chinese Society of Automotive Engineers “Global Cutting Edge & Innovation” Award. To support our growth, we are currently seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as a Chemical Engineering Technologist. The position will be based at our facility located in the Vancouver campus on the University of British Columbia.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Receive and process incoming polymers & membranes from suppliers
· Inspect polymers and process these for sample testing, as well as organize the inventory of polymers
· Help inspect incoming membranes to detect defects in the membranes. Also organize the storage of membranes.
· Preparation of polymers and membranes for shipment to customers
· Help in purchasing of materials needed in the lab, as well as polymers and membranes from suppliers.
· Help in preparing and tracking of shipments to customers and from suppliers.
· Other duties as specified by the VP of Operations.
Required Qualifications for the position are:
· Graduating or recent graduate in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering course.
· Some knowledge of polymers and membranes used in the fuel cell or electrolysis fields an advantage.
· Strong communications skills, both verbal & written.
· Organized, enthusiastic, willing to learn and good problem-solving skills
· Ability to use Microsoft office applications: Word, Excel etc.
· Team player, able to seamlessly work with other Ionomr team members
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief Cover letter to email@example.com, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, we are only able to consider applicants who are Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents or Canadian government-designated refugees.