Ionomr Innovations, Inc., is an award-winning start-up company head-quartered in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing and producing a revolutionary Hydrocarbon Ion Exchange material needed to enable an energy future based upon Hydrogen. Our advanced material solutions unlock the future of the Hydrogen economy by providing the underlying technology necessary to drive cost effective Electrochemical systems that ensure a plentiful, sustainable, renewable, and Carbon Free source of energy. Our company has received a variety of industry acknowledgements to date including being recently selected by the World Economic Forum to it’s 100 most promising global “Technology Pioneers” list for 2021. Selected by Royal Dutch Shell and NREL for inclusion in their 2021 GCxN program which is focused on supporting companies that are developing tech solutions to enable the transition away from fossil fuels. Other recognitions, include being awarded the 2020 F-Cell “Top Products and Markets Award”, the 2020 Energy Tech Summit New Energy Challengers “Top Hydrogen Start-Up” Award and the 2020 Chinese Society of Automotive Engineers “Global Cutting Edge & Innovation” Award.
To support our growth, we are currently seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as an Accounting Clerk. The position will be based at our facility located on the campus of the University of British Columbia in Vancouver.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
· Process and post supplier invoices into accounting software with matching purchase orders. Assess and investigate discrepancies and pursue causes. Maintain documentation, files, audit trails for completeness and ensure all purchases have appropriate authorizations and backup
· Review, validate and process employee expense reports and credit cards. Prepare expense reports for executives as required
· Process semi-monthly and ad hoc payment runs
· Issuing customer invoices and bank deposits
· Support our sales team in AR collections by providing timely information on overdue accounts
· Inventory reconciliations, assist in bank reconciliations and month end closing entries
· Scan documents (invoices, receipts, expense reports, etc.) to online network drive
· Assist in the preparation of month end closes and year-end audits
· Support ongoing process improvement initiatives
· Other administrative support as specified by the Financial Controller
Required Qualifications for the position are:
· Bachelors in Accounting or Commerce
· Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position
· Proven ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
· Interpersonal skills and able to communicate complex issues in a clear, concise manner in a Team environment. Written and oral communication skills are critical
· Highly motivated, with interest and ability to thrive in a technology start-up environment
· Skilled at using Microsoft productivity software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.