Senior Chemical Engineer
Ionomr Innovations, Inc., is an award-winning start-up company located in Vancouver. Ionomr is developing a broad range of advanced ion-exchange materials to support our customers in chemical and water remediation, energy storage and hydrogen applications with the vision of enabling the world of clean technology with advanced membranes and polymers. Our company has received a variety of industry accolades to date including recently being named the winner of the prestigious Start Up Energy Transition Award by the German Energy Agency (dena) in cooperation with the World Energy Council (WEC) for Low-Carbon Energy Production as well as recently receiving a coveted grant from SDTC (Sustainable Development Technology Canada) for the development of cost-effective solutions for clean energy systems. We are currently seeking a candidate to fill a full-time position as a Senior Chemical Engineer. The successful candidate will conduct and be responsible for the characterization of ion-exchange membranes for electrochemical applications. The positions will be based at our facility that is located on the Vancouver campus of the University of British Columbia.
- Lead, execute and support process improvement activities and projects to optimize production capability using engineering and statistical analysis and basic equipment operating knowledge to problem solve issues in the manufacturing process
- Coordinate projects to optimize the use of chemical products as well as to reduce their costs and environmental impact;
- Study, examine and investigate existing processes to identify and implement new opportunities to improve quality, throughput, and costs
- In collaboration with other departments, develop, plan and deploy projects to improve equipment efficiency, performance and reliability in order to improve product quality and reduce maintenance costs;
- Actively participate as a member of multifunctional project teams executing capital and quality projects from concept to implementation
- Interface and consult with production, laboratory, business and marketing personnel to improve product quality, and develop options for producing new products
- Establish strong trusted relationship with operations personnel
- Serve as subject matter expert and technical resource for our internal clients: manufacturing, business, marketing, or technical service
- Provide and communicate clear, concise, and timely reporting of project progress and accomplishments verbally and in writing
- Perform chemical tests to improve operational efficiency and production;
- Maintain the quality of chemical products;
- Take part in developing instructions concerning the handling of chemical products and environmental protection.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications for the position are:
- Masters or BS in Chemical Engineering. with extensive experience in scale-up of reactions from bench to pilot-scale production
- 5 + years of work experience in an area related to safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to plan and manage own activities to deliver on budget and schedule
- Excellent interpersonal and ability to communicate complex technology issues in a clear, concise manner.
- Highly motivated with interest and ability to thrive in a technology start-up environment.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and a brief cover letter to email@example.com, for immediate consideration.
Ionomr values diversity in the workplace and is committed to Employment Equity, and encourages applications from women, people with disabilities, Aboriginal peoples, and visible minorities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates but only those candidates who are selected for interviews will be contacted.